Monday 23 May 2016

Introvert Nation - Epilogue


[read Episode III here]



I do not ask for sympathy for the person who keeps you street from smelling of rotten garbage, or your office room smelling afresh. I ask that if I am to start working as a carpenter tomorrow, give me the respect you give me today. Value me not for the knowledge I do not possess, but for the smile I bear. 

Give everyone an opportunity to learn, not necessarily to send men to moon, but to respect the existence of every human being, to listen to their neighbour, to be honest, to separate right and wrong and to tell their story.

“වෙර වීරිය ඇතත් සිතේ
පියකරු බව ඇතත් වතේ
දහඩිය නොම හලන ගතේ
නුඹ පොලවට බරකි පුතේ”


“Bright as a button, you may
with beauty to sprout affray
If no sweat to wipe away
world no more is your valet”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment